CBD and Adaptogens have loads of benefits. They can reduce stress, ease anxiety, and even help with pain! Combine all that with creamy raw vegan chocolate and we're in love.
Delicate yet satisfying, these adaptogenic CBD chocolate bites will make anyone’s heart happy. The heavenly match of cacao and CBD oil makes this treat extra special. It’s hard to believe that the delicious creaminess is stress-reducing, hormone soothing and calming. These dessert squares may look too good to be healthy, but you’ll be delighted to know that this recipe is 100% Vegan and Paleo-friendly. Heating CBD oil above a temperature of 350°F will bake off all the good stuff. So instead of baking with it, I recommend making raw treats instead.
This recipe is a beginner baker’s delight. There are only 3 easy steps, giving you the chance to catch your breath between each. Also, each layer uses the same method: put all the ingredients into the blender and mix. Even so, this is far from a boring dessert. You’ll discover a layering of delicate flavours and textures. The crunch of the base contrasts beautifully with the smooth creamy layers. The Maca powder in the base and the cream adds an unexpected mildly nutty taste with a hint of butterscotch.
Get Your FREE Healthy Treats eBook
Enter your email below and grab my free healthy treats eBook, designed to help you create healthy & nourishing desserts, get rid of nasties in your diet – and never have to hunt for cooking inspo again. (Or ask your mum for advice.)
Begin with the base layer. Make sure the press-in base is evenly distributed so that each bite gets an equal amount of the wholesome crust. I do this by pressing the sticky cookie dough into the baking dish with a drinking glass or straight-sided measuring cup. Cover the base evenly with the cream, and smooth with a spatula. Set aside in the freezer for 4-6 hours, and take a well-earned rest. The next day, combine the chocolate ingredients and pour over the set layers. For a sophisticated finish smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with sea salt and hemp hearts.
Allow to set for half an hour in the fridge. Finally, cut into bite-size squares and serve, happy in the knowledge that this melt-in-the-mouth goodness will not only soothe and comfort, but the Maca and Ashwagandha will also empower your body to adapt to stress. This is an excellent dessert choice if you’re planning a dinner party because you can prepare most of it the day before. It will need 4-6 hours for the bottom 2 layers to set, and a further 30 minutes in the fridge once you’ve poured on the chocolate.
If you love raw chocolate treats, you might also like my Dark Chocolate Pistachio Pralines.Print
Adaptogenic CBD Chocolate Bites
Just when you thought chocolate couldn’t get any better! These sweet, light and smooth bite-sized chocolate squares are layered with goodness from top to bottom. Who can resist?
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted (5 dates)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 droppers CBD oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut, ground into rough flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut cream
- 1/3 cup pecan butter 1 Tbsp cacao butter, melted (5 cacao butter buttons)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1 tsp Ashwaghanda powder
- 2–3 droppers CBD oil 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 dropper CBD oil
- 2.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt (to decorate)
- ¼ tsp hemp hearts (to decorate)
- To make the base, add all ingredients to a processor and pulse until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Press into lined square baking dish and set aside.
- To make the cream layer, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cream over base and smooth with a spatula.
- Cover and place in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Once set, remove from freezer and make the chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate layer, add coconut oil, CBD oil (if using), maple syrup, coconut milk and cacao powder to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate layer on top of cream layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and hemp hearts.
- Cover and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Once set, slice into squares and enjoy!
Tip: Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.