Apricot Cheesecake with Vanilla Sponge Base
This dreamy 3-layer apricot cheesecake combines cashew-based cheesecake cream with a sticky apricot jelly and a gluten-free vanilla sponge base.
- Yield: 1 6-inch pan / 15 cm Springform 1x
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
Lay on top of sponge base:
- 3 apricots, diced (optional)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
2 tsp vanilla bean essence
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 3 apricots, pitted
- 5 apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp gelatine or agar agar
- For the base, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour dough into a 6-inch round baking dish and bake at 350°F for 15 – 17 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool. Don’t remove form baking pan.
- For the cheesecake layer, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and combine until smooth and creamy. The cashews need to be full incorporated.
- Evenly spread diced apricots on top of the sponge base and cover with cheesecake cream.
- Place in freezer to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the apricot jelly, add 2 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of gelatine to a small dish and let it ‘bloom’.
- In a small pot, bring apricots and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until apricots are soft. Discard of the water and transfer apricots to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended apricot back to the pot, bring to a simmer and add the ‘bloomed’ gelatine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour over the cheesecake cream layer, cover and place back in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.