This grain-free, low-carb Beetroot Flatbread comes together with only three ingredients and is perfect for a Paleo-style breakfast or healthy grab-and-go sandwiches.
Naturally gluten-free and full of fiber-rich ingredients, this veggie-packed flatbread is a healthy, easy meal to make. You will love how effortless you can prep these flatbreads for the week ahead. They are the perfect canvas for grab-and-go work lunches, and quick and healthy snacking or sandwiches.
I used LSA for this recipe which is made from ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. You can easily find it in Australian supermarkets and health food stores. However, if you don’t have access to LSA mixes, simply use 1/2 cup of ground flax seed, 1/4 cup sunflower seed meal and 1/2 cup of almond meal instead. LSA is an easy way to add extra protein and fibre to your baked goods.
These flatbreads are best sliced once they’ve cooled down. I store mine in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You could also make a double batch and freeze some for the week ahead. They can be toasted for a slightly more crunchy texture. I prefer mine toasted with smashed avocado and dukkah and salt.
Get Your FREE Healthy Treats eBook
Enter your email below and grab my free healthy treats eBook, designed to help you create healthy & nourishing desserts, get rid of nasties in your diet – and never have to hunt for cooking inspo again. (Or ask your mum for advice.)
If you’re looking for a veggie-packed low-carb alternative to gluten-free bread this flatbread is the answer! They’re:
- easy to make
If you like flatbread, you might also like my Golden Cauliflower Flatbread with Turmeric.Print
3-Ingredient Beetroot Flatbread
Naturally gluten-free and full of fiber-rich ingredients, this veggie-packed flatbread is a healthy, easy meal to make.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 9 slices 1x
- 2 cups raw grated beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup LSA
- ½ t sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients and combine well with a spoon.
- Transfer mixture to the lined baking tray and evenly press it into a rectangle. Make sure the layer is about ½-centimeter thick.
- Bake at 175°C for 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Once baked, cool completely and gently peel the parchment paper from the flatbread.
- Slice flatbread into 9 pieces.
- Store bread in a container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
LSA is a mix of ground flax seed, ground sunflower seed, and almond meal.