These dark chocolate pistachio pralines are seriously addictive—you can't just have one!
If you love pistachios then this recipe will quickly become a new favourite. I’m not exaggerating when I say that these Dark Chocolate Pistachio Pralines are absolutely divine—they are hands down better than any store-bought pralines I’ve ever tried. The best part? They’re made with a handful of simple, wholesome ingredients with no processed junk in sight.
While they’re inspired by the decadent chocolate pralines you see in shops, I nixed all the stabilizers, processed sugars, corn syrup and emulsifiers found in the store-bought version. These are essentially made with only five main ingredients and Fit Mixes Chocolate Chia Protein Ball Mix for the chocolate layer. A soft pistachio cream serves as a base to a fluffy chocolate layer, then the whole thing gets drizzled in antioxidant-rich dark chocolate.
Get Your FREE Healthy Treats eBook
Enter your email below and grab my free healthy treats eBook, designed to help you create healthy & nourishing desserts, get rid of nasties in your diet – and never have to hunt for cooking inspo again. (Or ask your mum for advice.)
It’s ok to indulge every once in a while as long as you nourish your body with essential nutrients you need to thrive. These Dark Chocolate Pistachio Pralines make for a delicious sweet afternoon treat ord great homemade gifts for those who cherish all natural ingredients. Enjoy all of the good but none of the bad stuff. These are:
If you love dark chocolate pralines, you might also like my Dark Chocolate Cherry Bomb Truffles.
These dark chocolate pistachio pralines are seriously addictive—you can’t just have one!
For the chocolate layer:
For the pistachio layer:
- 2 cups soaked pistachios (soaked in water for 4-6 hours or overnight)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean essence
For the coating:
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter
- For the chocolate layer, mix all ingredients together until a sticky dough forms.
- Press into small lined baking dish (15cm/or 6″ square).
- For the pistachio layer, add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly spread the pistachio layer on top of the chocolate base and place in freezer to set for 4-6 hours.
- Once frozen, remove from tray and cut into small bite-sized slices.
- For the chocolate coating, melt chocolate over double boiler.
- Once meted, add in cacao butter and stir until fully melted.
- Move the melted chocolate away from the stove and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s cooled down, dip each chocolate bar into the chocolate and place on a cooling rack to set.
- Once set, transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge.
Tip: You can also make these pralines without the chocolate layer and just enjoy the soft pistachio cream coated in dark chocolate.