Think sticky caramel sandwiched between a healthy chocolate and gluten-free biscuit layers. This healthy chocolate caramel slice is too good to just eat one!
This chocolate caramel slice is a three layer nutty, caramel-y, chocolatey dessert and it’s going to rock your taste buds. Nothing has made me pace around the fridge like these caramel slices. It’s safe to say that I’m addicted and I’m happy to admit that I’ve eaten more than one (or two).
I’m a huge fan of no bake dessert. For one because the country I live in (Australia) is godforsaken hot in summer and it’s unthinkable to turn on the oven. Two, I find raw treats much more predictable and easier to make—you can’t forget and burn things in the freezer (lol), right?!
Get Your FREE Healthy Treats eBook
Enter your email below and grab my free healthy treats eBook, designed to help you create healthy & nourishing desserts, get rid of nasties in your diet – and never have to hunt for cooking inspo again. (Or ask your mum for advice.)
The caramel made from gooey dates, soaked cashews and almond butter—is much healthier and easier to make than conventional caramel (which I used to burn all too often). It’s sandwiched between a antioxidant-rich 3-ingredient chocolate layer and a crunchy almond and coconut base.
Caramel, chocolate and nuts are a truly delicious combination. It reminds me of Christmas, my Grandma’s caramel bonbons, and salted choc caramel pralines all at the same time. This homemade version of a childhood classic is much much better for you than conventional candy. Enjoy this chocolate caramel slice without an ounce of guilt because it is:
- refined sugar free
- gluten free
- no bake
Love no-bake desserts? You might also like my No-Bake Black Bean Fudge Brownies.
Think sticky caramel sandwiched between a healthy chocolate and gluten-free biscuit layers.
- 1 cups raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup dates (soaked and pitted)
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup dates (soaked & pitted)
- ½ cup cashews (soaked & pitted)
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- For the base, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Press base into a lined (20 x 20cm) slice pan until firmly packed.
- For the caramel add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the caramel evenly onto the base and put aside into the freezer to set.
- For the chocolate top, whisk together the ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate sauce evenly on top of the caramel filling. (Make sure the caramel is set before you do this step!)
- Pop it back into the freezer for about one hour.
- Remove it from the tin, slice it up and store in an airtight container in the fridge.