During the holidays, nothing is guaranteed to lift the spirits, and tickle the tastebuds quite like a dose of gingerbread spice.
Gingerbread spice is the ultimate Christmas flavour and gingerbread cookies are a must when the holidays roll around. These delicious golden gingerbread mounds taste just like gingerbread men but are much easier to make and don’t require any baking. This healthy Christmas recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan friendly.
Growing up, my family always struggled to make the perfect gingerbread cookie. Our gingerbread men always came out either too dry or too soggy (or they spread like crazy and turned into gingerbread sumo wrestlers lol)—we clearly didn’t have Elf baking skills.
These no-bake gingerbread mounds are filled with warm Christmassy spices that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The best part, they come together in a food processor and don’t require any baking. Start by adding all the dry ingredients to a processor and pulsing until they are well combined. Then, add the wet ingredients and pulse until a sticky cookie dough forms. Use your hands (or a cookie dough scoop) to roll the dough into little mounds. Place them in the freezer while you prepare the glaze.
Get Your FREE Healthy Treats eBook
Enter your email below and grab my free healthy treats eBook, designed to help you create healthy & nourishing desserts, get rid of nasties in your diet – and never have to hunt for cooking inspo again. (Or ask your mum for advice.)
I used Loving Earth salted caramel chocolate and gingerbread spice for a quick and simple glaze. Salty caramel and spicy ginger combined will tickle your taste buds and make you wonder why you haven’t tried this sensational flavour combo before.
These No-Bake Gingebread Mounds are the perfect vegan addition to any traditional cookie platter and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Soon, everyone will be asking for more. I sprinkled mine with a splash of edible gold glitter to make them extra festive, —after all, it’s Christmas! Just wait, the little flecks of gold will sparkle when they catch the light of the Christmas tree candles. Enjoy!
If you love no-bake Christmas recipes, you might also like my Healthy Christmas Fudge Pinecones.Print
No-Bake Gingerbread Mounds
These festive sparkling gingerbread mounds taste just like gingerbread men but are much easier to make and don’t require any baking.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 20 mounds
For the mounds:
- 1.5 cups raw walnuts
- 1.5 cups gluten-free oats
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 Tbsp plant-based protein powder (I used Jimmy Blacks)
- ½ coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or extract)
- 3 tsp gingerbread spice (see notes below)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp water if too dry
For the choc topping
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 60g Loving Earth Salted Caramel chocolate, melted
- Place all ingredients (but the water) in a food processor and pulse until combined. Don’t over-process!
- If mixture seems to dry to roll into balls add water one tablespoon at a time until it turns into a sticky cookie dough.
- Roll into balls using a tablespoon size scoop and place them in the freezer to set while you prepare the topping.
- Mix melted chocolate and gingerbread spice and add to a small sandwich bag.
- Snip off one corner of the sandwich bag and carefully drizzle the gingerbread protein balls with the chocolate gingerbread mixture (basically use it like a piping bag).
- Store balls in an airtight container in the freezer.
Homemade gingerbread spice blend:
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg