No-Bake Gingerbread Mounds
These festive sparkling gingerbread mounds taste just like gingerbread men but are much easier to make and don’t require any baking.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 20 mounds 1x
For the mounds:
- 1.5 cups raw walnuts
- 1.5 cups gluten-free oats
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2–3 Tbsp plant-based protein powder (I used Jimmy Blacks)
- ½ coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or extract)
- 3 tsp gingerbread spice (see notes below)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp water if too dry
For the choc topping
- Place all ingredients (but the water) in a food processor and pulse until combined. Don’t over-process!
- If mixture seems to dry to roll into balls add water one tablespoon at a time until it turns into a sticky cookie dough.
- Roll into balls using a tablespoon size scoop and place them in the freezer to set while you prepare the topping.
- Mix melted chocolate and gingerbread spice and add to a small sandwich bag.
- Snip off one corner of the sandwich bag and carefully drizzle the gingerbread protein balls with the chocolate gingerbread mixture (basically use it like a piping bag).
- Store balls in an airtight container in the freezer.
Homemade gingerbread spice blend:
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg