Gluten-Free Pastry Christmas Tree with Raspberry Chia Jam
Invite the Christmas spirit into your kitchen with this Gluten-Free Pastry Christmas Tree that everyone will love.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 48 mins
- Yield: 1 pastry tree 1x
Pastry Christmas Tree
- 2 sheets gluten-free puff pastry (vegan option is also possible)
- 3 Tbsp chia jam
- 2 Tbsp egg wash
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup, lightly brushed onto the tops of a pie or scones
For the chia jam:
- Add raspberries, vanilla and maple syrup to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until raspberries break down and become syrupy (5 to 10 minutes).
- Mash the fruit with a fork, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Add chia seeds, stir thoroughly and remove saucepan from stove.
- Pour mixture into jam jar and place in the fridge to set.
- Once the chia jam has set, mix again to ensure all the berries and chia seeds are evenly distributed.
For the pastry Christmas tree:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Roll out two puff pastry sheets.
- Move one to a lined baking sheet.
- Score a tree shape and spread 3 Tbsp of raspberry jam inside the tree triangle.
- Spread it out evenly and place second pastry sheet on top.
- Cut along sides of the tree and remove trimmings.
- Cut branches on both sides and start twisting them one by one.
- Cut star out of the trimmings and add to the top.
- For the egg wash, combine almond milk and maple syrup.
- Lightly brush the egg wash onto the top of the pastry tree.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180°C or until golden.