For the chia jam:
- Add raspberries, vanilla and maple syrup to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Turn down the heat and simmer until raspberries break down and become syrupy (5 to 10 minutes).
- Mash the fruit with a fork, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Add chia seeds, stir thoroughly and remove saucepan from stove.
- Pour mixture into jam jar and place in the fridge to set.
- Once the chia jam has set, mix again to ensure all the berries and chia seeds are evenly distributed.
For the pastry Christmas tree:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Roll out two puff pastry sheets.
- Move one to a lined baking sheet.
- Score a tree shape and spread 3 Tbsp of raspberry jam inside the tree triangle.
- Spread it out evenly and place second pastry sheet on top.
- Cut along sides of the tree and remove trimmings.
- Cut branches on both sides and start twisting them one by one.
- Cut star out of the trimmings and add to the top.
- For the egg wash, combine almond milk and maple syrup.
- Lightly brush the egg wash onto the top of the pastry tree.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180°C or until golden.